Q: Do I need to remove the transmission to get to slave cylinder on Saturn Ion 2005?

Cannot change gears think have to replace slave cylinder or at least bleed system. Want to know if I have to remove transmission to replace slave cylinder on Saturn 2005 ion Also wondering if I can bleed system without removing transmission

Hi there. The slave cylinder is a part that is attached on the side of the transmission to operate the clutch fork. For your vehicle, the slave cylinder is inside the bell housing area. You can bleed the slave cylinder from the line that is attached to it with adding a bleeder adapter or if the system has the adapter already installed. If you need to replace the slave cylinder, the transmission will have to be removed from the engine to gain access to the part. If you need further assistance with the slave cylinder, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Do I need to remove the transmission to get to slave cylinder on Saturn Ion 2005?