Q: Advice on changing automatic transmission fluid on a 2003 Toyota Vios

I own a 2003 Toyota Vios. I'm concerned about the automatic transmission fluid. I've checked the oil and it's still red. So, when should I change the fluid next? Also, is it okay to keep your car idling for one or two hours with the AC turned on?

If your cooling fans work fine and the temperature runs fine, then yes. The police leave their idle on all the time. But you’ve got to make sure your cooling fans are working because, if they aren’t working, and you do that, you can overheat the engine. So make sure your cooling fan is working and if there are two, make sure they are both working.

As for the automatic transmission fluid, I would advise changing the fluid maybe every 40,000 miles. I would definitely change it now and since it is a Toyota. I’d also advise you to stick with the Toyota fluid. They don’t cost that much. At the dealer’s, they are maybe $4.50 a quart so you aren’t paying that much more money. If you want to have a technician replace the transmission fluid for you, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this task.

3. Advice on changing automatic transmission fluid on a 2003 Toyota Vios