Q: Driver side rear shock is leaking oil the set only has about 2500 miles on them? they are coil over shocks.

can you replace only one shock absorber or do they have to be replaced in pairs ?

Hello. A shock is not always bad, but if you see some residue oil leaking from the shock then it may not be functioning fully. If you see a really wet and dripping shock, then it should be replaced. The shock since it is fairly new can be replaced without doing both of them. Only if it matches the other one. You may have some sort of warranty on the shock if it was replaced recently. Check for this before paying for a new one. The warranty may not cover the labor to install a new one but will cover parts only. Alternatively, if you are looking for another technician to do the work, a YourMechanic professional can come to your home or office to install a new shock for you.

3. Driver side rear shock is leaking oil the set only has about 2500 miles on them? they are coil over shocks.