Q: Do you have to remove the transmission on a vacuum pump replacement for 2010 VW Jetta?

Do you have to remove transmission to replace vacuum pump on 2010 vw jetta? I'm being told by some people you do and some you don't.

A: The by-the-book way of replacing the brake ...

The by-the-book way of replacing the brake booster vacuum pump involves removing the transmission in order to have enough room to do the repair properly, but some experienced technicians can complete the job without removing the transmission. This repair should be carried out by a trained professional. If you need help with this, consider having an experienced technician, like one for YourMechanic, come to you and complete the repair at your convenience.