Q: How many mufflers and resonators do i need on my car? Can I take 1 off and it still be legal?

How many mufflers do you need on your car? I want to take One of the mufflers off of my car. I don't want to take all of them off as it would be annoyingly loud, but i figured one off would make a nice sound. Is this legal? Or do i need to keep all of them on my car to pass inspections. (In Utah)

According to section eleven of the Utah Highway Patrol vehicle inspection standards any vehicle missing an exhaust system component or design feature, present at manufacture, will fail inspection. As important, the exhaust system of vehicles is designed to work with particular engines and removal or modification of components could compromise the service life and reliability of the vehicle. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.