Q: Airplane sound while applying the brakes.

When I apply the brake, I hear a loud noise. It is not a squeal, but more like an airplane is hoovering over the car. It sounds as if it's on the rear passenger side. It only happens while braking.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The noise you are hearing is very likely caused by the brake pads wearing down over time like they are designed to do. You are hearing the metal of the brake calipers rubbing on the metal rotors. This is doing damage to your vehicle, and you will want to have the brake pads changed as soon as possible. With that being said, you may want to have whomever does your pads check the calipers and the rotors to make sure either are damaged. If not, you should just need a new set of brake pads before you are back on the road. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Airplane sound while applying the brakes.