Q: Check Engine Light O2 sensor slow

My car has 110,500 km on it, and it accelerates slower than usual lately. I replaced the MAF about 2 months ago, then I disconnected and reconnected the battery. Now it runs much faster, but it only lasted for 2 weeks. I tried resetting the ECU and it didn’t help. Then the Check Engine light came on. So I took it to the repair shop and they said the O2 sensor is on the blink. I didn’t replace it yet. I just disconnected and reconnected the battery and that cleared CEL light. Now the car runs faster again. Will the car run faster if I put in a new O2 sensor? Will I have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting the battery every 2 weeks? Or will the new O2 sensor fix those problems? Thanks.

Hello. The computer reset only puts the computer in a position that it will control the fuel as if you just bought the car. As the vehicle is driven and a defective O2 sensor gives a bad input to the computer, the computer will slowly start to adjust the fuel by its input and then get to a level that it cannot compensate anymore. It will then turn on the Check Engine Light and may reduce power. Have the defective sensor replaced and clear the codes again.

3. Check Engine Light O2 sensor slow