Q: Today I was driving and all of sudden my engine hot idle light sensor came on. I am waiting to check my coolant level out.

Today my engine idle light sensor came on. I am waiting to check my coolant level out in my 2010 Chevy Impala. If that is not the problem could tell me what could possible be the problem?

A: Is your Check Engine Light also on? If you ...

Is your Check Engine Light also on? If you do then, you should have a mechanic scan the computer to see what is causing the light to come on and what is causing your idling issue. This specific model has had many problems with relays and sensors. It is also possible that your cooling fan has gone bad or a fan’s switch has went out. Other than that, low coolant would be a likely concern. If you need further help, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come inspect your car’s overheating issue and top off your coolant if necessary.

Recommended services
Get a Quote