Q: Whole radio stops and shuts off at random

I have a 2011 Toyota Sienna with 40,000 miles on it and its junk radio turns off and on randomly. I smack it sometimes to get it work. However, obviously, that solution is less than ideal. Should I replace it with something else?

A: Hello! Thank you for writing in with this q...

Hello! Thank you for writing in with this question. Many Toyota vehicles have been affected with similar issues. Oftentimes, this problem is caused by a ground issue in the faceplate of the radio. Toyota offers an updated factory radio. You can have a local mechanic (like those with YourMechanic) diagnose and repair the factory radio problem. Alternatively, you can have an aftermarket (Pioneer, Alpine, etc.) radio unit installed by a specialty car audio retailer.