Q: Whole radio stops and shuts off at random

asked by on November 07, 2015

I have a 2011 Toyota Sienna with 40,000 miles on it and its junk radio turns off and on randomly. I smack it sometimes to get it work. However, obviously, that solution is less than ideal. Should I replace it with something else?

Hello! Thank you for writing in with this question. Many Toyota vehicles have been affected with similar issues. Oftentimes, this problem is caused by a ground issue in the faceplate of the radio. Toyota offers an updated factory radio. You can have a local mechanic (like those with YourMechanic) diagnose and repair the factory radio problem. Alternatively, you can have an aftermarket (Pioneer, Alpine, etc.) radio unit installed by a specialty car audio retailer.