Q: Car wouldn't start in cold weather

Today I tried to start my car in cold temperatures and the car wouldn't start. All the lights inside the car and on the dash came on. None of the lights were dim. The car just wouldn't turn over.

A number of things can effect a vehicle’s ability to start in cold weather. The battery can have enough power to to turn on lights and other accessories, but not have enough power to crank the engine. The engine needs more power to turn over when cold. electronic issues can also cause no start issues. The engine also needs more fuel to start in cold weather. If for example, the coolant temperature, or ambient temperature/barometric pressure sensors are faulty, they may not signal the engine control unit that it is in fact cold out and the engine requires more fuel to start, starting issues will arise.

Have the battery load tested to make sure it is supplying the correct cold cranking amperage. If the battery is good, have a certified technician look into the no start condition to isolate the exact cause.

3. Car wouldn't start in cold weather