Q: I'm having a problem with my car shifting hard in first and second gear it does this after about 20 mins of driving it

Hello i need help I have a shifting problem when I drive my car for about 20 mins it starts shifting hard in first and second what could be causing this please help

Hello.

From what you describe it would appear that your issue may be occurring after your vehicle warms up. The first thing I would do is check your vehicle’s transmission fluid to see if it may perhaps be low or dirty. It may be possible that the fluid is low, or excessively dirty, and is interfering with the transmissions shifting.

If the fluid looks okay, I would then look into the possibility of some sort of transmission related issue. Perhaps a solenoid or sensor has failed, and is causing your issue. Finally, it may also be possible that the transmission is slipping, due to wear or age. If that is the case an overhaul of the transmission may be required.

If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can diagnose your shifting issue firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. I'm having a problem with my car shifting hard in first and second gear it does this after about 20 mins of driving it