Headlights, power locks, and speedometer not working dur...

Q: Headlights, power locks, and speedometer not working

asked by on October 28, 2016

So My Durango sat for about a month and out of nowhere, I have all these issues. It runs fine, but the speedometer, headlights, dome lights are not working. The ABS and 4WD Service light also turned on.

(ALL FUSES ARE FINE)

Do you have any Idea what could be the issue?

Hey there. The fact that the ABS and 4WD service lights came on means there is a fault code stored that may shed some light on those problems. Commonly when the ABS and 4WD lights come on together, the problem can be a vehicle speed sensor or wheel speed sensor. It may be why the speedometer isn’t working as well. As for the electrical issue, this may require a more hands on approach. If fuses are all ok, there could be a switch along the circuits having an issue. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the electrical issues so that this can be repaired appropriately.