Q: Car keeps overheating and losing antifreeze. Thermostat and hoses are all fine. What else could it be?

the car keeps overheating and losing antifreeze. i checked the hoses and the thermostat. Engine oil looks normal. there is also a rattling sound when driven. everything i checked is fine but still overheats. what else could it be?

Hi. I believe your Hyundai has a blown head gasket. This failure mode may not contaminate engine oil with coolant as sometimes occurs. The lost coolant may go into the cylinder or the exhaust instead. A slightly sweet smell from the exhaust pipe, with or without white smoke/steam would confirm this diagnosis. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the overheating problem and pinpoint any faults that need repair.

3. Car keeps overheating and losing antifreeze. Thermostat and hoses are all fine. What else could it be?