Q: My Check Engine Light is on - 2001 Toyota 4Runner

I just bought a Toyota 4Runner 2001 with 184,000 miles and a light came on and my son thinks it is the wheel bearing Track off Vsc Track.

Hi there:

When the traction control light comes on (and the system is not engaged manually), it’s usually an indicator of a wheel sensor or transmission speed sensor issue as both of these parts are critical for monitoring and controlling traction control systems. The issue can also be caused by a damaged or faulty traction control module. If your vehicle is not shaking, making a grinding noise or vibrating when driving or slowing down, it’s probably an electrical component issue that should be inspected by a professional mechanic before replacing any parts.

3. My Check Engine Light is on - 2001 Toyota 4Runner