Q: When coming to a stop i get a jerk on the drivers side.

asked by on November 30, 2016

when accelerating coming to a stop i get a hard jerk on the driver side . what could that be

If the jerking reaction is something related to pressing the brake pedal, this may suggest a faulty brake caliper. If your vehicle pulls to one side when you apply the brakes it typically means that you have a braking imbalance at one of the front wheels. This may be caused by a collapsed or faulty brake line or otherwise lack of hydraulic pressure getting to one of the brake calipers. When this happens, this means that one of the brake calipers is doing it’s job at normal or full capacity in terms of stopping power and the other is not. This will cause the vehicle to pull to the side that is working properly since this side is exerting more stopping power than the other side. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your brake system to properly repair your brakes.