Q: p0303 misfire and p0269 balance fault

sometimes when I let the truck warm up or idle ill get a small skip and soon after it will run like crap. I can check for codes on the programmer and comes up with p0303 #3 misfire or p0269 #3 balance sometimes both. seems to do it every time I go through the car wash. reset the codes and it goes away until next time. does not due while I'm driving.

A: Hello, From my experience this means that t...

Hello, From my experience this means that the fuel injector for cylinder #3 is faulty,has dirt in it,damaged wiring,a loose connection or corrosion in the connector. It sounds like the moisture from the car wash is effecting the fuel injector causing the code. This would mean that more than likely the fuel injector is bad and needs to be replaced. We have certified techs at YourMechanic that can do replace your fuel injector. You can find more information or book an appointment by click here