Q: Car is misfiring, oil in ignition coil & spark plug

My car started misfiring after accelerating quickly on the freeway the other day. The ignition coils tend to go out so I immediately bought a new one and intended to replace it. However, when I pulled out the old one, it was covered in oil. In fact 2 of them were. Of course the spark plugs were covered too. The most common cause I saw was that it could be the valve cover gasket, so I made an appt to get that replaced tomorrow and intend to replace the plugs and coil myself after that. However, I have two questions: 1 - do I need to do anything in particular other than soak up the oil that was in there and 2 - is there any other obvious damage that driving on this would cause or other parts I should replace as a result?

Soak up the oil in the hole and clean it out with brake cleaner. Then dry it before replacing the spark plugs and ignition coils. You should replace all 4 coils as a set with new plug wire boots and plugs. Be sure to do all of this after the valve cover gasket and spark plug hole seals are replaced.

3. Car is misfiring, oil in ignition coil & spark plug