Q: My heater/air conditioner blows out hot and cold air appropriately, but makes a horrible grinding noise

My car properly blows out hot and cold air but it makes a horrible grinding noise and sounds like the motor is going to seize. The only difference is when the fan is turned higher and it starts to whine as well. Is this something I can repair myself or do I need to have it serviced. And will it cost a fortune. It's paid for and might not be worth a huge sum

This is a sign of a faulty blower motor. As you know, these have electric motors in them that wear out over time and will begin to make squeaking or grinding noises as the bearings begin to wear out. The electrical contacts may also wear out causing the motor to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your blower motor.

3. My heater/air conditioner blows out hot and cold air appropriately, but makes a horrible grinding noise