Q: I have a 2016 Honda Civic When I had my cracked windshield re

asked by on June 24, 2017

I have a 2016 Honda Civic When I had my cracked windshield replaced, the company that replaced it said I should go to the dealer to get the lane departured camera checked and calibrated. Dealer quoted a cost of $300 and said the windshield might need replacement with a Honda factory piece of glass. What gives?

I am not sure what the difference is between the windshield you had installed and the windshield that Honda would proide would be. However, this sounds to me like the dealership just trying to get more money out of you. I have had similar circumstances with dealerships telling me that I need to buy the part from them because that is the only way to fix the problem. I do not believe this at all. I would recommend going to a different Honda dealer if possible and just tell them that you dont feel like your lane departure warning system is working properly and ask them if they could recalibrate it for you. This time do not even mention that the windshield has been replaced and see if they still come back and tell you that the windshield is the cause. They are likely only telling you this because they know the windshield has been replaced recently so thats the easy way out ( to blame it on something that was recently done by another mechanic). It is unfortunate but this is how many dealerships have come to be these days.