Q: Smoke from the hood - 1996 Ford Mustang

i dont drive this car daily. i recently got it and ive been doing some work on it but when i do take it out for a spin. it will only e like a 5 minute ride but i drive it pretty hard to see what i can get out of it. but whaen i get back to the house. smoke comes out from under the hood on the passenger side of the car right above the headlight and when i pop the hood and see where its coming from. it comes from under the engine near the fire wall on the passenger side. im guessing its the transmission. any idea what could be causing this???

A: Hello there. You will need to see if the en...

Hello there. You will need to see if the engine valve covers are leaking oil and running back on the exhaust or if the transmission is leaking oil onto the exhaust near the dipstick tube where it goes in the transmission. To have this problem resolved, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to pinpoint the cause of the smoking issue and advise on a repair.