Q: My car shows a P0106, Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Code. How serious is it?

My car has the check engine light now, for some time now. I checked the code with an OBD scanner and the code comes out to P0106 which is the MAP sensor I believe. The car has this jerky movement when I'm coming to a stop or I'm completely​ slowing down, almost as if it misses a gear or it clunks. Could it be somehow connected?

Trouble code P0106 will set if the MAP sensor circuit reports out of range voltage signals to the vehicle computer. The underlying fault could be a wiring problem (poor connection, high resistance, etc.) or the sensor itself might be faulty. Both possibilities can be tested for, and distinguished in order to avoid needlessly replacing perfectly good parts or, as is common, replacing a "part" when the actual problem is merely that the electrical connection to, or from, the part is deficient. It is recommended to promptly resolve this particular code as there are decidedly negative follow on consequences if the engine air fuel ratio is not optimized including damage to the catalytic converter. Furthermore, inasmuch as the check engine light is now on "continuously, if any new faults arise (as evidenced by new codes) such new faults become literally invisible to you because the check engine light is already illuminated continuously due to the present fault. To have this promptly and efficiently resolved, right at your location, the recommended service is a check engine light diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. My car shows a P0106, Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Code. How serious is it?