Q: Truck goes into reduced power. I have to stop, remove the key from ignition, remove gas cap, and put the gas cap back on. Truck some times will do this 2 to 4 times.

I believe is vapor lock in the fuel system; it goes into reduced power mode witch is remedied by removing and replacing the fuel cap . it will happen within the first 20 to 30 minutes of operation, but it has happened during long trips but uselessly after I had stopped for refueling, it happens more often in the winter > Any incite on this problem will be appreciated, Thanks John.

Hi there. Check the gas cap seal and see if there is a crack on it or if there is a distortion on the seal. If there is, I recommend replacing the gas cap. The gas cap seal is designed to keep all the fuel and vapors in the fuel tank and not leak out any into the atmosphere. If you need further assistance with your gas cap issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.