Q: Lots of squealing from engine. I have been told idle pulley bad. Mechanic out of town. Should I drive car? Land Rover LR3

Vehicle had started swirling for s week now and getting worse. Someone told me it's the idle pulley. My mechanic out of town. My question is it safe to drive it am I damaging further?

It would be recommended not to drive the vehicle until it is looked at by a certified mechanic. If the [idler pulley])(https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/idler-pulley-replacement) were to fail, the drive belt would be unable to spin the water pump and cause an overheating issue. Also, you would lose power steering, which could cause a hazardous driving condition.

A certified mechanic should have the specialty tools and techniques to allow them to perform some diagnostic tests to verify exactly where the noise is coming from, and be able to repair the condition correctly, to avoid any further damage or injury. If you are in desperate need of your vehicle, a mobile mechanic may be the best suited to address this situation. An expert from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to properly diagnose the squealing noise, and make repairs.

3. Lots of squealing from engine. I have been told idle pulley bad. Mechanic out of town. Should I drive car? Land Rover LR3