Q: Mazda 3 has no spark and won't start

Please I need urgent help with my 2006 Mazda 3, I just changed the one of the piston and the four set of rings I have couple everything well but am not getting sparks on the plug coils and it won't start please I need help.

Hi there. It sounds like there could be a fault somewhere in the camshaft position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, or engine computer circuit. Check all fuses and relays and replace as necessary.

The computer will not enable spark to the cylinders if it missing the signal from one or both of the position sensors. Inspect the wire harness and connectors for damage or looseness and correct as necessary. If one or both of the sensors has been dropped, hit, or damaged, the sensor may be in need of replacement. Check for a reference voltage at the connector to both sensors. If there is no damage and the sensors tests OK, then there could be a fault in the engine computer. I strongly suggest acquiring a qualified technician to perform an inspection to prevent the replacement of unnecessary parts.

If you would like to have an expert scope this out, then a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the no start so that this can be repaired properly.

3. Mazda 3 has no spark and won't start