Q: Abs and esp light randomly come on with a jerking and clicking noise under hood

I will be driving and all the sudden esp abs lights come on along with a jerking and then a clicking noisr under the hood like something is trying to start. If I let off of gas a couple times when this happens it usually stops but has gotten worse.

A: Hi there. Most of the time when this occurs...

Hi there. Most of the time when this occurs randomly like this it is because there is a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors. I usually start by checking the tires first. If one of the tires is an odd size or has a different amount of tread then this will occur. If the tires are fine then I use my scan tool to check the computer for codes. If the lights are coming on then there should be codes in the computer or I will see which sensors are reading incorrectly. It can also be a yaw sensor or a steering angle sensor. If you want to have this ABS and ESP light checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why these lights are coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/abs-light-is-on-inspection.