Q: Blown fuse or computer system?

So my friend was using my car. And he left one of the car doors open. The battery died so he tried passing charge with another vehicle but he connected the positive and negative clamps directly on the battery posts instead of placing the negative clamp on a neutral site. Thing is the clamps made sparks, started getting really hot and smoky. When I tried turning on the car. the lights inside were the mileage is at do turn on but when I try to turn on the car it won't even startle and the speed indicators go crazy. So I was told these newer cars usually happens that the main fuse blows so the computer system does not burn but I don't know if it's true. I am in real need to know please if anybody could help that would be greatly appreciated!

Since you shorted the electrical system, you may have damaged electrical components. The main fuses that power each and every circuit on the car may have been shorted and burned out. You should first check each and every fuse in the main fuse box in the engine compartment and replace any burned fuses. There is a 150amp main starter fuse between the battery and starter to be checked also. Once all fuses are checked and replaced then all the vehicles systems should be checked for proper operations. If any system is not operating then that system will need to be checked to see if it was damaged or wiring is melted. I recommend having a mechanic come and do these checks for you and perform any follow up checks after fuses are replaced.