Q: Knocking noise immediately during acceleration and rolling in neutral. Mounts replaced, no leaks. Ran it on stands only replicate 2001 Mazda Protege

Knocking noise from middle of car immediately during acceleration and rolling in neutral. Mounts replaced, no leaks. Ran it on stands only replicated noise faintly in 2nd gear. Definitely needs to be rolling for the knock to happen

Hello - a knocking noise while rolling in neutral is likely a damaged Constant Velocity joint or a wheel bearing with a "hard spot" or damaged position in the bearing. Acceleration puts additional load on the CV joints, so your "mostly 2nd gear" observation could be a very important clue as well. I recommend a car noise inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Knocking noise immediately during acceleration and rolling in neutral. Mounts replaced, no leaks. Ran it on stands only replicate 2001 Mazda Protege