Q: I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Galant Es with a broken remote transponder. The actual key is still intact but car will not start without

My remote transponder part is broken causing my car not to start due to immobilizer. The actual key part is still intact. Is there a way to just buy the transponder? How do i go about getting a new key? And if i buy one online how will i know if it will sync to my engine?

The key and transponder that you are referring to are routinely vended by Automotive locksmiths, as well as on Ebay, Amazon, and so forth. All of these units require programming but that can be performed by local, albeit specialized, locksmiths or at the dealer. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic can also procure the correct part and see to it that it is programmed properly. If you desire that service, please simply request a service appointment and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have any further questions at all regarding this service, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.