Q: 2006 Jeep Commander that starts but turns off I tried to start 3 times did the same thing after that it doesn't turn over

I have a 2006 Jeep Commander that starts but cuts off right away did it 3times and after that it doesn't turn over

A: It sounds like you have activated the anti-...

It sounds like you have activated the anti-theft system, and after several attempts to try and start it, it disables the starter also. You should have the system tested to see if the key is bad, or if your key is not programmed correctly. Try another key to see if it will work. You may have to have the vehicle sit for a few hours before trying it again, or the computer may have to be reset by a dealer. The anti-theft system may be defective also and would need the dealer to replace and reprogram a new one. If you need help getting this looked at, a local expert, like one from YourMechanic, can come to your car's location to pinpoint the cause of the starting issue and can recommend the correct actions.