Q: We changed our fuel pump

asked by on July 02, 2016

About a month ago my fuel pump went out. Well we replaced the fuel pump, O2 sensors, the erg, mass air flow senor, fuel flitter and the spark plugs, we did this all at different times and our service engine light kept coming on. Reset the computer and my service engine light came back on today. We don't really know what to do. It's spitting out black smoke. And it's a bit stressful.

You need to have the fuel pressure regulator and injectors checked for leaking. The fuel pressure regulator is most likely leaking into the intake and causing the excessive fuel to get into the cylinders.

I’d suggest getting the vehicle looked at by a qualified technician who can diagnose your Check Engine Light and the smoke that is emitting. An accurate repair can be made once the issue has been assessed properly.