Q: How does the outside temperature display work in a 2012 Toyota RAV4?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How does the outside temperature display work?

Your car has an outside temperature display that will tell you the temperature outside of the car. This can provide you with important information for your trip. It can display temperatures from -40 degrees F to 122 degrees F. If the temperature drops below 37 degrees F while you’re driving, the display will flash to warn you that extra caution is needed because of possible ice or freezing precipitation. Use the display button to cycle to this setting in the center information display.

Tips

• If the car is stopped or being driven slowly, the temperature displayed may be inaccurate.

• If you experience a sudden, drastic change in outside air temperature (such as pulling out of your garage into the heat of a summer day), the temperature reading may be incorrect.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr