Q: It got really cold the next morning. I went to start my car and my belt will not turn. I drove it the day before the cold no problem.

It got really cold outside and my car was not covered I got a oil change done and drove the car home with no problem and then the weather got very cold outside the next morning I went to start my car and the belt will not turn it seems like it is froze in place.

Hi there. There could be a few things that could be going on. Either the battery was low on a charge or low on water and froze up causing the vehicle not to start up, or when the oil change was done, the oil could have been the wrong type of oil causing the oil to gel up due to the temperature outside. When driving in cold weather, the engine oil that should be used is a thinner oil to allow the engine parts to turn as the engine is cranking. Thick oil will cause the engine to turn slow or not turn at all in sub-freezing temperatures (anything below 32 degrees fahrenheit). If you need further assistance with your vehicle not starting in cold weather, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.