Q: fan blower slow to turn on

asked by on August 14, 2016

My AC drain was blocked, flooded with water, fan blower stopped running. mechanic blew Air through it after two days of drying out it started up again now I'm three weeks later and every day when I turned A/C on it takes longer and longer for fan blower to turn on Today it took almost 30 minutes

Thanks for writing in about your 2012 Suzuki SX4. The blower motor must of got water in it and has caused it to have a short internally. If you locate the blower and have it turned on but it doesn’t work, try tapping on motor to see if it starts turning. If it does, then replace the motor. If you are having trouble finding the problem, a certified technician from YourMechanic can diagnose your A/C issue at your home or office and follow up with the appropriate repair.