Q: Opinion on using the Lucas transmission additive as a prevention

What do you think about the Lucas transmission additive, not the slip fix but the preventitive one? Should you put this in if your transmission is working okay?

For modern cars, a lot of them are pretty particular on what fluid they use. If you just add the fluid in the mix, it may not be compatible with the fluid that’s in your transmission.

If your transmission is working perfectly fine, my advice is to just change the filter and fluid (if it has a filter) by the recommended mileage that they tell you when the car is built. If it’s one of those jobs where they tell you it’s a lifetime fluid and you don’t have to change it, that is a bunch of nonsense in my opinion. You should change it every 60-70,000 miles. That is the best way to go.

If it is slipping and having trouble, I do advise taking a quart out and putting a quart of Lucas anti-slip, but I wouldn’t exactly add it into a car that is running well otherwise. You could be chancing problems down the line with the incompatible fluids, because there are so many different fluids out there that the cars are using these days. If you are having problems and think you need a transmission fluid service done by a trained professional, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to look at your car and provide the right fluids if necessary.

3. Opinion on using the Lucas transmission additive as a prevention