Q: Car wont back up

My car drives forward with no problem but when i try to back up it stops and is if someone or something is holding it from going back.

Hi Valerie. Thanks for contacting us tonight. In most cases, when an automatic transmission will not shift into reverse, it’s due to a shift linkage issue or the reverse gear inside the transmission is damaged. It is possible that a shift solenoid is faulty, but this would likely impact the forward shifting as well. I think it’s better to have a transmission specialist correctly diagnose this problem before you agree to pay for repairs, as the cost of repairing this could be more than the vehicle is worth.

3. Car wont back up