Q: Check engine light keeps coming back on

My car has around 90,000 miles and the check engine light is on. There were codes that indicated there was misfiring of cylinders. I had them replaced. The chack engine light appeared again. I used the BG and Seafoam injector cleaners. The light reset and then came back on yet again. The coil in the cylinder 1 was replaced. It didn't help. What could be causing the check engine light to keep coming back on? Thank you in advance.

A: Hello. I would need to know the exact codes...

Hello. I would need to know the exact codes to be able to give good information about this. If you have a reoccurring misfire code, then a compression test needs to be done to see if there is an internal engine problem. If the misfire is for multiple cylinders, then you may have a fuel system problem, or more commonly a timing belt problem. Both of these are common problems on this vehicle. Knowing the codes is the only way to know for sure. If you need to have this looked into further, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to do an in-depth diagnosis of the Check Engine Light and perform the correct repairs.