Q: breaks are squeaky in reverse

do i need to do something

Squealing noise from brakes Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several reasons why the brakes will squeak. Even newer cars will have squeaky brakes in reverse. It is a direction the wheels do not spend much time going in, and it puts pressure on the components differently. There are a few things you can do to ease the noise. One would be to make sure the brakes are clean. Dirty, debris, and brake dust can all build up on the rotors and cause noises. Use water and soap, or a standard brake cleaner. Brake cleaner works very well in these situations. Secondly, make sure your brake pads are in good condition. If they are wearing down you will hear the same sounds. For a brake inspection, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.