Q: the car kind of stall when car excellerate

asked by on December 13, 2016

when driving the car, it kind of stalls when excellerated

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The issue you are writing in about is fairly commonly encountered. If you request a diagnostic for engine hesitation a certified mechanic will identify the underlying issue and that mechanic will also explain what has failed and the cost of the needed repair. Just to give you examples of possible causes of engine stalling, there is a mass airflow sensor in your vehicle. A failed sensor may be accompanied by hesitation while accelerating, or while driving up a hill. A vehicle with a failing mass airflow sensor may also stall soon after starting. The fuel pump is another possible trouble area. If fuel pump pressure degrades, or there is a clogged filter, fuel may have difficulty making it to the fuel injectors. A vehicle that hesitates while accelerating or while driving up a hill may have a weak fuel pump. Your vehicle’s throttle position sensor tells the vehicle’s computer how far the throttle is open and how far the accelerator is being pressed. The computer is then able to adjust the fuel/air mixture going to the engine so that is stays at an appropriate level. If the throttle position sensor is not working properly, it may be sending incorrect information to the vehicle’s computer. The computer may then not provide the engine with the correct amount of air while accelerating, causing hesitation. Fuel injectors spray fuel in a fine mist into the cylinder where it is mixed with air and ignited by a spark plug. Fuel injectors may become dirty over time and not be able to provide the required amount of fuel to the cylinders. Dirty fuel injectors may cause the engine to run lean which will, in turn, cause hesitation when accelerating. The foregoing are just some possibilities. If you request the diagnostic for engine hesitation, basically the certified Mechanic will work from a "decision tree" to determine exactly which components or systems are prioritized during the diagnostic, based on his initial impression of the operating condition of the engine. Note that it is not unusual to have multiple co-existing causes of stalling so, for example, the fuel pump could be failing but your spark plugs might be worn as well. All of this will be evaluated.