Q: Car randomly stalls out at stoplights, and sometimes won't turn over. If I leave it alone for 20 min, car will start again

I have a 2013 kia rio. Manual. My problem is my car is randomly not turning on, sometimes stalling out when I get to stoplights. If I leave it alone for a bit I can turn it on again. When i say turn on, the lights all turn on but the engine wont turn over. There's no check engine light, so far I've changed the spark plugs, air filter, and a new battery. It's at 107,000 miles so far. I've already taken to a mechanic and he couldn't find what's wrong with it. My next step is to either pay for a diagnostic at dealership which I don't want for them to just tell me they can't find anything wrong. Or or see what else is wrong and fix small things myself. Given all these statements, is there anything I havent tried to fix? I'm thinking starter, i 've tried to clean the throttle body with the seafoam spray while running, or fuel pump. Please help!

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like an ignition coil pack that may be failing. Ignition coils are prone to this type of erratic functioning or heat cycling when they are beginning to fail due to the temperature fluctuations under the hood which ultimately cause them to shut down causing the car to only run after cooling down for 30-40 minutes. Ignition coils are coated with a varnish-like insulation that becomes brittle over time after being stretched then contracted repeatedly The insulation develops small fractures that open when heated and close when cooled. When open, they allow shorting of coil windings and decrease or eliminate the coil’s ability to function. This process will repeat itself continuously until the coil ultimately fails completely and must be replaced. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your ignition system.

3. Car randomly stalls out at stoplights, and sometimes won't turn over. If I leave it alone for 20 min, car will start again