Q: Car starting at 1000 RPM, having brake issues

asked by on September 25, 2017

I tend to brake super hard in the past, I have braked really had to the point where my brakes have made a throttle sound and movement when I braked too hard. My car has been taking longer to brake I'm not sure whether it's from needing new tires because the tires tread is worn out or the brake fluid is low?? Now my car is starting at 1000 RPM instead of 0. Also, when I brake a little bit more harder than just braking normally my brakes make that throttle sound and movement.

Brake safety Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like you might have a vacuum leak at your brake booster, or maybe the booster itself is bad. The booster uses engine vacuum to assist the brake pedal so when it fails, you can get a vacuum leak, which makes your "throttle"sound, pus a high idle speed, plus increased braking effort. You can have that checked out at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your homeor office to check out your Hyundai and let you know what it will take to solve your problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr