Q: Hi, I have a 2003 bmw X5 3.0i petrol. 2 problems. 1. abs trifecta lights on, when i plug in my own (cheap) diagnostic tool it onl

Hi, i have a 2003 bmw X5 3.0i petrol. 2 problems. 1. abs trifecta lights on, when i plug in my own (cheap) diagnostic tool it only gives code p1619 (maf cooling control), took it to local garage expecting a wheel speed sensor code, but came back with instrument panel fault ? Any ideas ?

1. rear lower arm rar bushes need replacing, is this a bmw specialist job ?

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The code for your BMW P1619 is referring to the thermostat sensor. Check the thermostat sensor harness for an debris, looseness, and corrosion. If the sensor looks good, then the thermostat needs replaced to prevent any problems with the engine. The rear lower control arm bushings that need replaced is not a special job. These bushings wear out as a normal condition and may require some special tools, but can be replaced. I suggest getting a rear lower control arm that already has new bushings for installation. If you need assistance with the lower control arms, then seek out a technician, as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle.

• Hi, I have a 2003 bmw X5 3.0i petrol. 2 problems. 1. abs trifecta lights on, when i plug in my own (cheap) diagnostic tool it onl