Q: 2006 Jeep Commander leaking oil onto exhaust causing white smoke. Melted hose hanging down with no clear place it goes. Hose is ba

asked by on October 23, 2017

Driving on freeway and white smoke came from undercarriage. Pulled over and oil was dripping on exhaust causing smoke. Not overheating. There is a black hose hanging down that is melted. No markings on hose. Hasn’t been leaking oil on driveway. Drives fine.

Without actually seeing the hose that is loose i can only speculate it is the PCV valve or breather hose. If you get a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to inspect it then the proper hose can be ordered to replace the melted one.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr