Q: Q: Small oil leak

I noticed a small oil leak under my car this last weekend when it was -35 degrees. It only leaks when the car is warmed up and when the auto shop class (and teacher) looked at it, the only place they found where there was any oil had leaked was where the filter is attached. They said it might have been that the filter wasn't sealed right when it was put on and that the gasket might be bad. What do you think it might be?

The best recommendation is to get an oil change done and replace oil filter and drain plug seal. Then you can add oil dye to engine oil if leak continues. The dye can then be viewed with a black light and special glasses to locate the leak so it can be repaired.

3. Q: Small oil leak