Q: Q: Battery light on

My battery light went off, and now my car won't turn over. I believe I need a new alternator.

Hello. The battery light turning on when the engine is running indicates that system voltage is low. Everything required to run the engine, and everything in the car, will drain the battery. Most likely, it is the alternator, but the whole system will need checked. For example: the drive belts, wiring, fuses, and the battery. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the non-start issue and replace any other components said to be failing.

3. Q: Battery light on