Q: Changed fuel pump and car still won't start

My sons car suddenly died while driving on freeway. My brother said its the fuel pump, so we changed it. Now when you start the car it doesn't want to turnover but sometimes it sounds like its going to start and it doesn't. The battery is still good

Hello. There are many issue that could cause the vehicle to produce the symptoms you are experiencing.

If the fuel pump is new I would move on to checking the battery, and then ignition system. I would also recommend scanning the computer for trouble codes to see if that may perhaps shed some light on what the source of the issue could be.

I’d recommend getting some assistance from a certified mechanic who can come to you and diagnose your no starting issue firsthand. Once a proper assessment is done, the necessary repairs can be made to get your son’s car going again.