Q: My 1994 ford escort is leaking transmission fluid from axle

asked by on July 14, 2017

My car is leaking transmission fluid from axle do I just need to replace a seal

The side transmission axle seal may be torn or the internal carrier bearings are worn allowing the axle to sag and leaking the oil. The inner axle joint seal surface may also be scratched. You need to first try and move axle joint up and down to check for loose bearings and if okay remove axle and check axle joint ans seal for damage. The seal most likely is torn or dried out and cracked and needs replaced.