Q: Engine will not idle, no power and sometimes it dies while driving

asked by on November 23, 2016

I have a Nissan Sunny, Super Saloon AN16 model. the problem is, engine cutoff while driving and sometimes no power, like you step on the throttle the engine won't ideal high to speed the car.

Hello there, many common faults will cause your Nissan Sunny to die while running and idle poorly. Without knowing the exact year I can only give a general answer to your question. The most likely faults for a rough idle and shut off while driving are a vacuum leak, idle air control motor, MAF sensor, oxygen sensor, spark plugs and wires, fuel pump, or a a wiring harness fault. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your car shuts off when gas is pressed and make any repairs required.