Q: When I accelerate to engage the next gear I hear a knock sound from the engine

Knocking sound when I increase speed to engage next gear

Hi there. Knocking noise from the engine is not good. Assuming, it is the engine knocking. A heavy consistent knock could be a connecting rod. A hollow knock (louder cold and quieter warm) could be a piston. Metal contamination in the engine oil and the engine is short lived. Piston rattle and you can buy some time, by being nice to the engine. Letting the engine warm before driving and low rpm shifts.

Noises can be difficult to isolate. I recommend having your vehicle’s knocking sound be diagnosed by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. When I accelerate to engage the next gear I hear a knock sound from the engine