Q: Car is sputtering while in drive or reverse

I have a 1998 Honda Accord. I was driving and I felt a big jerk and it started sputtering and missing. I changed the spark plugs and wires, distributor, distributor rotor, and alternator. It idles fine but when I put it in reverse or drive, it shakes and won't go. Can you tell me what's wrong with it?

This can be caused by a variety of reasons however a common reason for many engines to struggle may be a faulty throttle position sensor or mass air flow sensor. The throttle position sensor is a sensor that monitors the position of your foot on the gas pedal which then relays this information to the computer which then directs the fuel injection system to supply more or less fuel to the motor depending on the position of your foot on the pedal. When this sensor is not working properly, this will cause the hesitation and shaking you describe. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose these issues and make necessary repairs.