Q: Wheels lock up and have to cool down before driving again.

The wheels on my car lock up after driving it about 10 miles and have to cool down before the car will move again. I have had the brake system updated extensively.

A: Hi, If you have had a brake master cylinder...

Hi, If you have had a brake master cylinder or brake booster installed recently the problem may be due to the installer not adjusting the push rod on the brake booster. The push rod may be pushing on the master cylinder a little bit. This could cause the brakes to not fully release. After driving the brake fluid starts to heat up and expand putting even more pressure on the brakes until they overheat and lock up. My recommendation would be to check to see if brakes are dragging and adjust the brake booster push rod or the brake pedal linkage. The brakes now have been overheated and there could be heat damage to the rotors, pads and calipers. I have seen the brakes catch fire when badly overheated. Have a qualified technician do a complete brake inspection and diagnosis.